What are some alternatives to Bunion surgery
Bunions, also known as Hallux Valgus, can be extremely painful. So what are some alternatives to having Bunion surgery? Here is a list:
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Pad the bunion with a moleskin or gel-filled pad, which you can buy here:
- Use shoe inserts to help position the foot correctly.
- Under a physicians guidance, wear a splint at night to hold the toe straight and ease discomfort.
- Take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen. (check with your physician first)
- Use warm foot baths, ice, Whirlpool, and massage.
- Wear proper fitting shoes. Use a shoe store that will properly measure your feet.